None But The Lonely Heart


Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky {Пётр Ильич Чайковский} is my favourite Composer, and since his birthday was a few days ago (25th of April) I have decided to write about my favourite composition of his as my first post.


Tchaikovsky is most famous for his Romeo and Juliet, the 1812 Overture, and his three ballets: The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, and The Sleeping Beauty.
His other famous compositions are a set of six romances, But my favourite of the six is his last, 'None but the Lonely Heart' that was composed in 1869 and premiered in 1870.
The first time I heard this composition was while watching 'Little Women -1949'. Even-though I love that version, my favourite has to be by Frank Sinatra.

If I had to choose a song to be my theme song then it would without a doubt be this one. I love it and it's my absolute favourite even-though it always makes me sad cry a little.

Comments

  1. Love this post so much! and thank you for the information ❤ I love "Nothing But The Lonely Hearts" but you know I always tell you to choose a different song because it's so depressing hehehe Yet I cannot imagine it not being your song! Insha'Allah you will play it one day...soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect comeback! love this post... He's one of my favorites too... my favorite is the nutcracker ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should’ve all gone together to watch The Nutcracker Ballet in the Opera House. Maybe next time.

      Delete

Post a Comment