Happy Birthday Mr Ferrer



Happy Birthday to Mel Ferrer, One of Hollywood’s most talented and unique Actors, And one of the few who were of such high calibre that I can’t compare anyone to him.
I love all the films I’ve watched of his, Mainly because he was in them. He’s the kind of actor that can turn a horrible film into a brilliant one just by appearing in it.

What are your favourite films of his?
Mine are:

  1. War and Peace - 1956
  2. The World, The Flesh and The Devil - 1959
Which actresses would you have loved to see him in a film with?

  1. Lauren Bacall (They were in a film together but both just had supporting roles, and only had one scene together...I think).
  2. Grace Kelly
  3. Gene Tierney
I also wish he and Audrey Hepburn starred in more films together.

Comments

  1. Hahahaha how can we write the same things! But you express it so beautifully!
    We love the same films naturally!
    I would’ve loved seeing him in more films with Audrey of course and the same people you’d mentioned too! I can think of anyone else.
    I think I have amnesia hehe which film did he have a minor role in with Lauren Bacall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully? Nnaaah...I’m such a bed-presser that I only write a little.
      Yours is always perfectly done, and well thought.

      Delete
  2. Grace Kelly .... they both look so regal and so perfect for each other on screen! .. I yet have to watch war and peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think him and Grace Kelly would've too. I wish they at least starred in one film together.

      By the way, I think you have the 'War and Peace' DVD. It's in the Audrey Hepburn collection we all have. I've watched it a hundred and ten times before but I'd watch it for the hundred and eleventh time with you...hehe. Just say when.

      Delete

Post a Comment