Happy Birthday to the Couturiere Queen

 Today is the 121st birthday of Edith Head, Hollywood's most extraordinary costume designer, and unquestionably my favourite.

Seeing her name in opening credits of films makes me confident I'm going to enjoy them tremendously.
She was the main reason I watched most of Alfred Hitchcock's Films, And in my opinion the reason why they were a huge success among female viewers.





“You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it".

"Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady".

I absolutely love these quotes.

Comments

  1. I love this post and the quotes are my favourite too. She was a very classy lady.

    Yes I believe most of the films she costume designed, whether they were great or not, she inched them higher to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say just couldn't find the words hehe. Perfectly put!

      Delete

Post a Comment