Best Smile Challenge


At last my sister Noora posted a challenge. I’m very excited about it but I’m starting to think it’s much harder than I thought, Especially because I want to narrow it down to at least three choices
Anyway, here goes nothing..

The Best Smile on an Actress
Elizabeth Taylor

I didn't choose Elizabeth Taylor because I find her to be the most beautiful woman or because she's one of my favourite actresses.
Actually, I tried very hard not to include her, because I didn't want to seem like I'd always choose her for everything, but as much as I tried I found myself going back to her. I truly feel she did have the perfect smile,
Most likely because she was actually perfect in every way.

Lauren Bacall and Bette Davis are a close second.
I love Lauren Bacall's smile, she always seemed more beautiful when she smiled. It really enhanced her beauty.
Bette Davis had the kind of vibe of a strong woman and often made a people nervous around her, But then she smiled and all of a sudden you felt safe. I always felt she had a motherly smile. Very beautiful and very kind.
I actually wanted to rank her as number 1 with Elizabeth Taylor, but I couldn't find a good photograph of her smiling.

Two actresses I really wanted to include in the list but didn't are Vivien Leigh and Gene Tierney.
Although I love both their smiles now, I didn't when I first saw them. I feel their beauty shines more when they're not smiling.


The Best Smile on an Actor
Desi Arnaz, Yul Brynner & Montgomery Clift

I found it much easier to choose a favourite smile on a male actor rather than a female. I have three choices for my number 1 rank.

Desi Arnaz has the best smile in my opinion. He makes me feel happy and I always find myself smiling when he does.
You see the veins of his forehead, his eyes sparkle and he gives out the most sincere smile I've ever seen.

It's impossible for me not to choose Yul Brynner for this category, or any for that matter. Other than him being the most handsome man, he also has one of the most beautiful smiles. Just like Bette Davis I feel Yul Brynner's smile over shadows his cold, tough and mysterious complexion. He has a smile that makes you feel you've done something to be proud of. Almost fatherly, yet also like a little child.

Montgomery Clift's smile is absolutely beautiful. The kind that can trick you into taking his side even if he was in the wrong. Although his smile is the kind that would make it easy for him to get away with murder...hehe, It still feels like a very sad smile. His feelings always showed through his expression, which I loved and hated because it always made me want to cry.

I was going to add Alain Delon to the list, but didn't, because he looked like a player without smiling and looked like an even bigger one when he did...and I'm pretty sure he knew it...haha!!!

There are a few others but I think I should just stop or the post will go on forever. 

Comments

  1. I wish your post did go on forever because I loved it! My favourite post yet!
    Your descriptions were spot on! You’ve expressed each and every impression beautifully and somehow made me a little emotional hehe. While I think all your choices are perfect, you made me love Bette’s and Desi’s smiles the most. They could really brighten up a room with those.
    I regret not taking my time with my post now hahahha because I would’ve added them to me list...
    Maybe next time I’ll post after I see yours hehhehe baddie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You turned a simple question into something poetic LOVE IT my chuckabella!

      Delete
    2. It really wasn’t anything you said, and it wasn’t meant to be...but thank you for saying that...haha! It’s always nice reading it from someone who’s the absolute best at any form of writing.

      I knew you would’ve thought of the same people if you wrote it now. But anyway your choices were perfect and also ones I would’ve chosen.

      Delete

Post a Comment